Allergy Relief Starts with Indoor Air Quality
What is “Indoor Air Quality”?
Indoor air quality (IAQ) – is a term which refers to the quality of air inside our homes and what air pollution may be present.
Indoor air pollution consists of many things, but particular emphasis is placed on:
- Breathable Airborne Particulate Matter (Dust, mold, bacteria, virus, etc.)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) (undesirable gases, commonly found in a residence, that are detrimental to human health; such as, formaldehyde, natural gas and propane leaks; carbon monoxide; and many others.
- Microbial Contamination such as Mold, bacteria, virus.
Why does Indoor Air Quality matter?
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has ranked Indoor air pollution, “among the top five environmental risks to public health.” And according to the American Lung Association, “The air quality of our indoor environments affects our health and often contributes to structural degradation and building failures within our homes.”
The experts say that Indoor Air Pollution can kill you, shorten your life or at least make you think you’re dying.
How does pollution get into your Fort Worth home?
Indoor Air Pollution gets into your home in two ways:
- Much of it is produced simply by living in your home. Among these concerns are: Air Conditioners that may contain thriving colonies of mold, bacteria and virus; personal care products such as hair spray, fresh paint, new carpets or furniture that have odors that may be detrimental to your health; malfunctioning clothes dryers or vacuum cleaners can contribute airborne particulate matter that causes respiratory distress.
- Outside air can enter through gaps around doors and windows and other openings such as recessed light fixtures and attic entry doors.
- The structural Allergy Doctors at Texas Air Doctors can examine your home and give you a list of procedures to make you home a sanctuary (many are Do-It-Yourself projects)
A few startling statistics:
- New homes, and weatherized homes are more contaminated because they are tighter and don’t “Breathe.”
- 42,000 Allergy producing Dust Mites can live on 1-oz. of dust.
- The average home will generate over 40-pounds of dust per year.
- The average adult breathes 3,000 gallons of air per day – imagine 3,000 gallons of milk!
Doesn’t your family deserve the best indoor air they can breathe?
Texas Air Doctors cares about the air you breathe!
At Texas Air Doctors, we have a vested interest (read Frank’s Story) in making sure the air you breathe is as clean as it to be.
Texas Air Doctors is your Structural Allergy Doctor
Texas Air Doctors has a number of services and products designed with the specific intention of making the air in your home cleaner, healthier and more comfortable. The purpose is to prevent illness or discomfort that could result from indoor air pollution.
There are two kinds of Fort Worth Allergy Doctors:
- Allergy Doctors who treat the physical symptoms of the human body
- Allergy Doctors who treat the structure you live in, in order to reduce allergy triggers.
At Texas Air Doctors, we are your Structural Allergy Doctors and we like to think of ourselves as an Allergy Clinic that makes house calls.
Texas Air Doctors’ Home Allergy Review
It is our belief that there are four things that you need to defend yourself and your family against the impact of indoor air pollution:
- Allergy Seal Your Home – Your home must be allergy sealed to prevent entry of undesirable elements from the outside. Of particular concern are: attic insulation, mold, pollen, etc.
- Air Filtration – You must filter the air inside your home in order to capture as much airborne particulate matter (dust, mold, bacteria, etc.) as possible, to keep your family from breathing it. The filter may be a room sized unit or it may be a whole house unit, but it must capture the particles that are most detrimental to our health. Fiberglass and washable filters are extremely inefficient.
- Ultra Violet Germicidal Irradiation – Experts agree, properly installed and maintained, Ultra Violet Light Treatment of your Heating and air conditioning system is a proven method to keep your family healthier.
- Photo Catalytic Oxidation (PCO) – This new technology is used to neutralize Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), a major group of gaseous indoor air pollutants that significantly impact IAQ and detrimentally affect human health.